Plastic Extrusions, Tubes, Profiles, and beyond...
Is Your Extrusion Provider an Innovator?
Being a great source for plastic extrusions is more than just competitive pricing, fantastic service and quick lead times. We like to take it even further than that. Keller excels by delivering innovation, from developing inventive plastic technologies to helping support your company's green initiatives.
- In-house research and development in cutting edge plastics technology
- Antimicrobial plastic extrusions
- Custom color matching
- Plastic extrusion in both post-consumer and post-industrial materials
- Plastic extrusions and profiles in cost effective, earth-friendly alternatives to PVC
- Biodegradable plastic extrusion solutions
- Non-brominated RoHS compliant flame retardant materials
Tidbit 101 - July 2014
Extruding With Plastic Materials
“What material should I use” is always a great question to start with. There are hundreds of different Plastics (or polymers) when you consider all of the Alloys and Blends of materials along with additives that are also incorporated. Literally hundreds!! The best way to start is to define the environment in which the product will perform. Some of the ones that we feel are key are; Indoors or Outdoors, Stiffness, and of course Impact Strength. We always feel that Polymers with the highest resistance to crack/breaking will usually be successful in the environments in which they are placed. Others include clarity, (yes or no) along with color, Resistance to burning, Chemical resistance (what chemicals, cleaners included could the part be subjected to), and abrasion resistance.
And finally, it is important to note what the service temperature the product will experience. PVC does not like temperatures above 150°F and Polypropylene does not do well at temperatures below 0°F.
Here at Keller, we have a very informative Design Check List that is available. Contact us and we would be glad to send one to you.
Plastic Extrusion: The Keller Way
Through constant R&D, process improvement, and frequent equipment upgrades, we've ensured that Keller can always offer more. This allows us to do things differently. To offer more competitive pricing. To create more advanced extrusions. To be a better source for plastic extrusions, no matter how complex your requirement.
Keller Gives You More. Here's how:
- Eliminate plastic extrusion tooling costs
- Comprehensive stocking / inventory programs
- Custom polymers to meet your application needs
- Concept to tooling in less than 5 days
- 48 hour delivery via rapid prototyping for extruded profiles in ABS
- Two in-house machine shops
- AutoCAD / 3D modeling
How can we help you?
Contact us today to talk about your production needs.